Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Do it yourself; painted pantyhose pumpkins!

Sometimes inspiration strikes, with a twist! If you caught the segment on the today show about unique pumpkins you'll know what I'm talking about. If not, watch the video (you know that hamburger is adorable)!


Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy




 
 
So after seeing the Today Show I thought about what I wanted to do to my pumpkins this year. I had been toying around with the idea of a stencil, or some sort of taped on pattern. Then it clicked! Why not put the pantyhose over the pumpkin & then sponge paint over it to make a funky pattern! I thought if it turns out horrible I can spray paint the whole thing & glitter it! What's to lose?

I rummaged through my pantyhose drawer knowing there would be some forgotten,  "these will look good someday" pair of pantyhose that would do the trick. I felt like I hit the jackpot when I found these patterned ones. So here you have it, a 15 minute craft for you & the kids!


Painted Pantyhose Pumpkins;

say that three times fast

 

pumpkins
paint
pantyhose
paint brush
wrapping paper
sponge 




Begin by selecting your pumpkin, I choose a small white one so I could have a black & white theme.


Cut wrapping paper & place it in the table to protect it.

Next take your hand & guide your way through the leg to the toe, slide your pumpkin tightly into place in the toe area.


Adjust the pattern to a place you like.


 Then twist on the bottom for a snug fit. Dab some paint onto your sponge & then dab it a few times onto the wrapping paper to create a nice light application.


 Follow your way around the pumpkin & when finished set down to dry.


 After 10 minutes of so come back & slide your pumpkin out of the pantyhose. I painted my stem as well.


 If you're using a plastic pumpkin or fun-kin spray with a clear coat for years of enjoyment!  I love the random pattern I was able to achieve! So what are you waiting for, you have a fun craft to do with the kids! 

When you're done crumple up your wrapping paper & clean up is a breeze!



It's just another everyday, holiday with jillie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat! Leave your comment below!